If you’ve got rosemary in your garden, it may be one of the only ones still available for fresh harvest this time of year. Of course, that’s because this powerful little aromatic is an evergreen, making it a go-to of mine all year long.
1. Plant it by your front door for protection. Some variety of rosemary grows well in almost every region of the continental of the US. It practically takes care of itself, and I kill everything. Plant it near the door for protection.
2. Use rosemary essential oil for cleansing. Rub it on tools, crystals and gemstones to cleanse and consecrate.
3. Include in kitchen witch spells for love. Rosemary is, of course, both edible and delicious! Include it in a red meat dish and bless it for passion.
4. Wear it during exams at school to improve memory. The scent of rosemary is believed to enhance a sharp memory. Include it in a success amulet before an important test or meeting.
5. Include it in sun magick rituals. Both masculine and ruled by the sun, rosemary is the perfect herb for inclusion in sun magick.
6. Burn for purification rites. Like sage, rosemary is perfect for burning as a purification herb. You can even find it in smudge sticks like these.
7. Include in fertility sachets. Take a green drawstring bag, add rosemary and some pennies, and hang over your bed to assist with fertility.
8. Make an offering to Venus. This herb has strong ties with the Roman goddess Venus. Make an offering of rosemary if you are seeking her favor.
9. Make a hair wreath for your handfasting or wedding day. While it’s fresh, rosemary is quite pliable and dries well. Create a wreath to symbolize loyalty and fidelity in handfasting rites.
10. Add to incense blends for home cleansing. With its cleansing properties, easy burn and beautiful aroma, rosemary is perfect for home cleansing incenses. Add to dried orange peel or cinnamon.