It’s Valentine’s Day, but it is also the middle of the pagan festival Lupercalia, which is associated with ancient fertility rites.
Whichever one you happen to be celebrating, it’s the perfect time for love spells!
Today, I am going to show you a simple love spell using a plain old deck of cards.
Did you know that ordinary playing cards are actually based on the Tarot? All of the cards in a playing deck have corresponding cards in the Tarot (although not all Tarot cards are represented in a playing deck, but that’s a whole other thing.)
Today, we will be working with the Queen of Hearts.
In the Tarot deck, the Queen of Hearts is represented by the Queen of Cups, who is associated with love, infatuation and emotional intuition. We won’t be setting it on fire or anything, so feel free to use any deck, it won’t be ruined.
In addition to this card, you will need:
*A photo of yourself or a lock of hair
*A handful of dried or fresh roses
*Two pink candles
*A piece of rose quartz
1. Place Your photo underneath the Queen of Cups on the altar.
2. Carve your name and birth date on one candle, and a question mark on the other (or, if you are in a relationship already, carve the name of your significant other to bless the relationship for a deeper bond). Go to town. Really mark it up deep.
3. Anoint the candles with rose oil.
4. Surround the Queen of Cups with the dried or fresh roses as an offering.
5. Place a piece of rose quartz on top of the area where the Queen’s heart would be.
7. Place the pink candles on either side of the card. For the next seven nights, light the candles for a few minutes and focus on embodying the Queen of Hearts.