With just a few more weeks of winter ahead, the earth already begins to warm and wake up, pushing up delicate baby green grass and soft, pastel-colored bulbs.
Spring is almost here!
Here are a few activities to get you inspired for the coming season.
For fall project ideas, check out this article, 11 Fall Projects for the Crafty Witch.
For winter project ideas, take a look at 10 Winter Crafts for Wiccans.
1. Try a bird feeder wishing spell. Choose a spring fruit and hollow it out (grapefruits are nice). Fill it with appropriate herbs and stones and close it up, securing it with a ribbon or string. Carve symbols in the flesh. Cover with peanut butter and bird seeds and hang it somewhere it your yard under the full moon. Every time a bird comes, imagine it is carrying your wish to the heavens.
2. Decorate eggs naturally for Ostara. Rather than using the dye kits to decorate your Ostara eggs, try using natural dyes like tea, blueberries and other naturally occurring pigments.
3. Make an “enchanted” flower bouquet. This one is particularly fun if you’re knowledgeable about the local flowers and plants. Choose a theme, like “love and attraction” or “home blessing.” Go on a nature walk and pick out local flowers, herbs and plants that you associate with this theme. Leave it in your kitchen to bless your home with the energy.
4. Head to the farmer’s market to cast your first kitchen witch spell of the season. Living close to the earth starts in your kitchen! Search the farmer’s market for the freshest natural, sustainable spell ingredients and design a ritual around what you find.
5. Make an outdoor pillow with a twist. Pick up some outdoor fabric (available at most fabric stores during the warmer months). Throw in a pinch of lavender, mint or dried lemon rind and leave it in your coziest outdoor living space to bless the garden.
6. Make your own bath magical products. If you enjoy whipping up your own bath band beauty products from natural, wholesome ingredients, try making them with magic in mind. Spring is prime time for beauty spells, so get cracking before the season slips away!
7. Make some new ritual wear. Good with a needle and thread? Try making your own ritual robe. Choose a flattering pattern, select a pattern or color for your robe that speaks to you and go to town! Get creative. You can even add beading or buttons with moons or other symbols.
8. Plant a magical garden. You’ve always meant to do it. This is the season! If you’re intimidated by the green arts, start small. A simple window box will do. Choose herbs that are easy to grow and magically useful. The possibilities are endless. Bury gemstones in it, choose garden ornaments and symbols with meaning to your practice or create a space for your moon rituals.
9. Create a spring altar piece. The craft stores are full of items perfect for making an altar piece for the spring season. I craft these little boxes last year, and they were a hit on my retail site.
10. Craft your own dandelion wine for libation or cakes/ale. I love the potent spiritual power of making my own wine for libation. I also enjoy getting creative with the cakes/ale portion of a ritual. Dandelion wine makes an excellent spring-themed substitute for Ostara and spring moon rituals.