This quiz takes a unique approach to helping you find your particular path in the Craft.
No one fits perfectly into any one of the following profiles, and this list of profiles is not meant to be exhaustive.
You may find you fall into more than one category—or even see parts of yourself in all of them. Rather than trying to pigeonhole yourself into any one specific category, think of this quiz as a general guide to help you figure out which aspects of the Craft resonate with you the most. At the end, I listed some suggestions for further exploration depending on your answers.
There’s no need to click on your answers. Simply read through the questions and get a gist for the number you get most often (mostly 1s, mostly 2s, ect). Then scroll to the bottom to view your results.
The goal is not to typecast yourself, but to draw out and explore different aspects of the Craft in you.
(All the images in this post are my work. If you are interested in learning more about my photography, please checkout my photography website. Also, be sure to check out my handmade witchcraft items.)
Okay, here we go!
Question 1: Which collection of images most appeals to you?
Question 2: My favorite part of ritual is:
1. Generating energy during the power raising. Building powerful emotion is intensely spiritual for me.
2. Burning the incense or ritual herbs. I always blend my own!
3. Grounding & centering. I find it easy to move from one frame of mind to another smoothly.
4. Spending time alone. Sometimes, I feel overstimulated by my rushed life.
5. Working outdoors at night or with the lights out. There’s a sacred quiet in darkness for me.
6. Lighting the candles. I find natural light soothing and meditative.
Question 3: My ideal vacation involves:
1. A beach.
2. Camping equipment.
3. Finding a yoga class close to my hotel.
4. Looking up the local occult shops before I go.
5. A ghost tour.
6. The desert.
Question 4: As far as the kitchen goes
1. I love making seafood or sushi.
2. I especially like cooking things I grew myself.
3. I enjoy kneading bread.
4. I haven’t turned the oven on since I moved into this apartment. I’m not even 100% sure it works—and I don’t care.
5. I enjoy making rich desserts that some people call “sinful.” Wink.
6. I love to barbecue outside.
Question 5: On my altar, you are most likely to find:
1. A jar of ocean water.
2. Seasonal herbs from my garden.
3. Meditation balls.
4. A very few select items. I have a small space, so my altar is tiny, but meaningful.
5. An offering to Hekate.
6. Fresh cut flowers.
Question 6: Of the following Sabbats, the best one for me is
1. Mabon. The summer crowds are gone, but the beach is still warm!
2. Ostara. The anticipation of gardening season jolts me out of my winter blues.
3. Imbolc. The candles burning everywhere make me feel serene and peaceful.
4. Yule. All the lights and parties lift my spirit.
5. Samhain. If you knew me, this would be obvious.
8. Litha. The sun in its full glory revitalizes me.
Question 7: My clothing style is best described as
1. Light. I like easy, flowing clothing that’s both pretty and comfortable.
2. Natural. I favor wholesome clothes like hemp & 100% cotton.
3. Stretchy. I have, like, ten pairs of yoga pants.
4. Edgy. I don’t mind pushing the boundaries with clothes that make a statement.
5. Dark. If I’m looking for a specific shirt, I can never find it because almost everything is black.
6. Bright. I like reflective accessories and shimmering fabrics.
Question 8: My favorite moon phase is:
1. Full Moon. I love the effect it has on the tides.
2. New Moon. I like to nurture things from the beginning.
3. First Quarter/Last Quarter. I like the balance & symmetry of equal halves of dark and light.
4. Full Moon. The full moon infuses the nightlife with so much energy!
5. Dark Moon. I enjoy the deeper night sky.
6. Actually, I usually do my ritual during the day and use the sun’s energy as my guide.
Question 9: If I had to pick a divination system to try, it would definitely be:
1. Cloud scrying. I have difficultly enjoying rainy days, and this is a nice way to spend them.
2. Reading tea leaves. I feel a deep connection to herbs and the messages they contain.
3. The I Ching. I appreciate the orderly nature of numbers in fortune telling.
4. Scying mirrors. I love the peering into “the abyss” to see what secrets and mysteries there are waiting to be discovered.
5. Bone Reading. I see intrinsic beauty in studying natural artifacts with a past.
8. Runes. I love the historical ties of this system to ancient sun worship.
Question 10: My friendships are:
1. Intensely emotional, but sometimes unstable.
2. Grounded and down-to-earth, but sometimes boring.
3. Intelligent, but sometimes cold.
4. Exciting, but sometimes lack depth.
5. Private, but sometimes lonely.
6. Open and honest, but sometimes leave me feeling exposed.
The Sea Witch (Mostly 1’s)
You feel a magnetic pull to the ocean and the Element of Water.
Though staying afloat in the rough waters of your life sometimes means riding strong currents, your spiritual world brims with intense, profoundly insightful revelations that you often keep to yourself.
Try keeping a paper Book of Shadows to record the “changing tides” of your inner world.
Consider visiting the ocean during the off season for a more private beach experience and better opportunity to conduct rituals away from prying eyes.
Maintain a sea witch altar to harness the power of the ocean and bring it indoors.
Play sounds of the ocean during your meditations or rituals to get your “beach fix,” especially if you live far away from the nearest shore.
Hedge Witches make lovely companions for the Sea Witch as they tend to usher in a sense of grounded-ness and stability.
Hedge Witch/Green Witch (Mostly 2’s)
Everyone knows you were born with a “green thumb.” You feel a special connection to the Element of Earth and take particular satisfaction in making things grow—-in the garden, and in life.
You feel silly admitting it, but your efforts in the garden are so heartfelt, you sometimes experience a twinging sense of loss if a treasured plant doesn’t make it through the growing seasons. You may even design an elaborate garden blessing ritual to welcome good vibes into your planting beds.
Your realistic approach to magick makes you solidly grounded in reality, and your like-minded friends respect you for it.
The winter months are the hardest for you, especially if the weather forces you to skip your otherwise regular nature walks.
To nourish your earthy vibes during the colder months, try working with your stock of dried herbs to make herbal cold remedies or combine your knowledge of witchcraft with your knowledge of plants to create magically-infused homemade bath and body products.
The Solar Powered Witch makes a great match for you in friendship.
The Mind/Body Witch (Mostly 3s)
With a well-worn yoga mat and a bookshelf groaning under the weight your vast personal library, you intuitively sense the inseparable link of mind and body.
Your friends describe you as a “thinker,” and you often engage them in thoughtful conversations about spirituality. You have a special ability to debate ideas without offending or alienating people who disagree with you.
Whether perfecting your downward dog or learning strong breath control, mastering the physical plane as it relates to realm of the mind makes up a big part of your journey.
You may have tried fasting for spiritual reasons or made natural childbirth a goal during pregnancy.
Expand on your special gift for uniting (or, more accurately reuniting) the mind, body & soul. Try a dance form that encourages spiritual expression (see Belly Dance for Pagans) or join a meditation group and use your strong cerebral awareness to connect with others.
Consider using your special gift to align body and mind by getting licensed as a midwife or try exploring hypnotherapy.
The Urban Witch (Mostly 4s)
Whether or not you call a major metropolitan home, bustling cities get your blood pumping—which, for you, works its own kind of magick.
In your coven or community, you are the most likely to have stepped “out of the broom closet” to publicly acknowledge you practice the metaphysical arts.
And why not? After all, you tend to surround yourself with people who are quirky and open-minded. Your own esoteric interests sometimes even seem vanilla by comparison.
The challenges of practicing a nature-centered religion in a major city sometimes frustrate you, but you work around them with simple adaptations, like creating a window garden to cultivate herbs or taking advantage of the abundant temples and diversity around you.
The Shadow Witch (Mostly 5’s)
While others misinterpret your tendency to retreat to the shadows in contemplation as moody, those who know you best appreciate your intrinsic sense of mystery.
You understand that darkness has a place in spiritual life. Rather than fearing it, you embrace it and recognize that without it, light has no contrast.
Your natural curiosity and fearlessness draw you to exploring spiritual matters that other, less bold witches shy away from. While you respect the risks of experimentation, ghost hunting, the Ouiji board and other related subjects appeal to your adventurous tendencies.
Consider exploring spiritualism to nurture your curiosity about the afterlife with people who understand this instinct.
With their accepting nature and extreme open-mindedness, the Urban Witch makes an excellent match in friendship for the Shadow Witch.
Your luminous optimism brightens any room you walk into. The light that shines out of you draws others in and encourages them to gather around you like a bonfire.
You often find yourself in leadership roles because you appear transparent to those around you and that inspires trust. Your gift for bringing people together is best used to organize them for a good cause.
This powerful combination of ambition and the ability meet the minds of even deeply divided people uniquely qualifies you for public service in your spiritual community—–but only if you can stay humble and keep your ego in check.
Magickally, you’ve never quite been satisfied with the heavy emphasis of modern witchcraft, the moon and the seemingly lopsided role of solar energy in ritual. Try exploring sun magick. You may find it more satisfying.
Particularly, your “sunny” optimism makes you well-suited to the art of joy spells and spells to banish depression.
You often feel tempted to rely only on your own judgement, but your powers are fullest when you keep the wise counsel of others. The Mind/Body Witch makes a wonderful companion for you in business and charity work.